This workshop is for white people who want to challenge the racism around them — and in their own heads and hearts — and who are searching for a way to strengthen their work for racial justice. It’s for white folks who already do anti-racism work but want to develop their skills and deepen their approach. And it’s for white folks who want a better understanding of how white privilege and racism operate in society and inside of them.
Build confidence in their ability to address racism through action; increase their understanding of how racism functions and what their role in it is; explore their internal racism and barriers to working on it; develop a personal vision for racial justice; build their skills in being accountable allies to people of color and working in coalitions; develop strategies for interrupting racist situations; increase their ability to support other white people doing racial justice work; and build an action plan of concrete next steps.
The workshop costs $200-$575, sliding scale based ability to pay— no one is turned away for lack of funds.
|If your income is…||You pay…|
Scholarships are available – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- “What a breath of fresh air.”
- “Great progression from feelings to history to internal/self to group to system level to fears to real actions.”
- “I learned that I don’t need to let white guilt keep me from addressing racism or utilizing my white privilege for the good.”
- “Good balance of serious focus and lightheartedness and fun.”
- “I finally saw the importance/value of taking small, tangible steps.”
- “I found a ready, willing, and friendly group of people representing a fairly diverse set of backgrounds.”
- “I came in without knowing what I didn’t know, and am leaving with awareness and humility, and coming to terms with my upbringing.”